BEST CONVERTIBLE WINDOWS LAPTOPS
Convertible/2-in-1/Hybrid laptops are not only more popular than ever but more powerful and better suited for entertainment, studies, and work as well. The best Windows laptops all have a few things in common: portability, usage as a tablet and laptop, processor speed, graphics performance, and ease of transformation from laptop to tablet and vis versa.
MICROSOFT SURFACE PRO 3
With high portability, light weight, and options for different keyboard colors, the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 has made waves in its innovative creation of a true tablet that can turn into a laptop with a quick click of a connected keyboard.
- The Surface Pro 3 contains a powerful CPU with a 1.9GHz Intel Core i5-4300U (Dual Core, 3MB Cache, and up to 2.9GHz with Turbo Boost);
- Intel HD Graphics 4400 card; 8GB LPDDR3 of RAM;
- a 12-inch 2160 x 1440 multi-touch display screen with ClearType 3:2 aspect ratio.
- With 256GB SSD and Bluetooth 4.0, this hybrid has the specs to defy a full-sized laptop.
- In addition, the Pro 3 has two 5MP webcams in 1080p HD resolution and weighs only 1.76lbs.
- With a dimension of 7.93W x 11.5D x 0.36H inches, this sharp displayed and powerful convertible Windows laptop rivals almost anything a laptop can offer while far exceeding anything a normal tablet can do.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 3 was created as the apex of convertible laptops, with excellent conversion into a tablet or laptop and a sharp display. While it has a rather mediocre battery life and runs a little hot sometimes, it is perfect for those who need to study or work on the go, using as little of a workstation footprint as possible.
HP Spectre x360
- This Windows 8.1 convertible laptop comes equipped with a 2.2GHz Intel Core i5-5200U processor, 8GB of RAM with ability to upgrade to 16GB, 256GB SSD,
- a display of 13.3-inches, 1080p resolution,
- Intel HG Graphics 5500, an HDMI port, headphone/mic ports,
- Mini Display port, a 2-1 card reader, and weighs almost three times as much as the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 at 3.26lbs.
Don’t let the weight of this convertible fool you, however; the positive of this 2-1 tablet/laptop is that the keyboard is a full-size laptop keyboard rather than an attachable one like the Pro 3 and other tablets-first-laptops-last computers. It does make it a little difficult to use as a tablet unless you have it on a table, propped, or in your lap. However, if you are interested in a powerful hybrid with more laptop aspects to it than tablet, you may wish to consider the HP Spectre x360. This can give you more computational options than a hybrid that is more similar to a tablet with a small or attachable keyboard.
The HP Spectre x360 is a very capable and functional convertible laptop that is perfect for students and for work as well as entertainment.
Asus Transformer Book T200TA
If you are looking for something different than both the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 and the HP Spectre x360, which both embody the differences that 2-in-1 convertible laptops can come in, consider the Asus Transformer Book T200 model.
- With a different processor than seen in other hybrids, the Asus comes equipped with a 2.39GHz Intel Bay Trail-T Quad Core Z3795 1.59GHz processor and comes standard with Windows 8.1.
- With memory of 4GB LPDDR3MHz SDRAM and an 11.6-inch 16:9 IPS HD Multi-Touch Screen (1366 x 768),
- this hybrid contains an Integrated Intel HD Graphics card.
- In addition, it has 64GB of eMMC storage and a Micro SD card reader; a front 2 MP camera and a rear 5 MP camera.
Another feature is the interface’s built-in Bluetooth V4.0 and the following ports: 1 microphone-in/headphone-out jack, 1 USB 3.0 port, 1 USB 2.0 port, 1 RJ45 LAN Jack for LAN insert, 1 Micro USB, and 1 micro HDMI. The tablet has 1 micro USB port and 1 micro SD card. The hybrid also has 2 built-in speakers and a digital array microphone. With a weight of 3.6lbs and dimensions of 12 x 7.9 x 1.0 inches, this is another laptop-first, tablet second hybrid that may weigh more but also has more power and laptop abilities than a tablet with some laptop features.
While the display is not 1080p, it is still HD and for those who do not plan on using this 2-in-1 for uses that need perfect resolution (such as graphic artists, web designers, or those planning on using this hybrid for entertainment purposes), this is an excellent and different convertible laptop that is unlike others on the market.